Tuesday 8 March 2016

Urban Decay Electric Palette - Sultry Sunset Tutorial

ELECTRIC PALETTE/TUTORIAL/SUNSET EYES/URBAN DECAY

In direct contrast to my soft Too Faced tutorial from a few days ago, I decided to crack out the wild horse that is the Urban Decay Electric Palette. I know this palette isn't for everyone, but for those that crave bright colours, this is a great option. The shades are actually pressed pigments so they are far more intense than conventional pressed eyeshadows. 


ELECTRIC PALETTE/TUTORIAL/SUNSET EYES/URBAN DECAY

Today's look is really a blue/green eyed girls best friend - the pinks and purples really make for an incredible contrast, though it would be stunning on all eye colours. It is a look that is, of course, best suited for night-time occasions, so you might not want to rock up to your white collar office wearing it (though who am I kidding - I would). 

Before I get into the tutorial, I want to give a bit of advice to those that feel bright colours such as this look too outrageous - always pair it with neutral tones. A neutral transition or crease colour can do wonders with looks like this, and really help you to blend that fluorescent pink more seamlessly. I'm a big fan of colour myself, but I understand that without the neutrals to tone it down, I'm walking into smacked eyeball territory, and that isn't an attractive look.

I'll shutup now. 




Other products used...

Face - 

  • Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - Vanille Clair
  • Sleek Contour Kit - Light
  • Illamasqua Velvet Blush - Peaked
Lips - 

  • Stila Liquid Lipstick - Patina

0 comments:

Post a Comment